Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Mama, what are you most afraid of?

Well Jude...when I your age I was afraid of a lot of things.
Yeah, like what? What real things were you afraid of?
Well... like cockroaches...
And what else?
Well... monsters... and sometimes elevators....
You mean because of the doors closing on you?
That sort of thing. One time grandma Leen was yellin at me to get out of the elevator and she was already out and I was afraid the doors would close because I had waited too long.
Yeah, and what else?
Well... I was afraid of bullies...
What kind of bullies?

We went on for a while about bullies.
Yeah, and what else were you afraid of when you were little?
Well... the dark sometimes...

This went on for a while. I thought of everything I could think of.

Mama? We're you ever afraid of a glove that moved all by itself?

I'm sure I was, honey.
How about a candle floating in the air?
For sure.

After that we moved on to Mama, tell me about the times you got in trouble and tell me about the times you got sick.


No comments:

Post a Comment