Sunday, October 12, 2014

on the phone at Dada's Friday night

The usual call from Mama needing to know exactly what is going on over at The Red House. I have no boundaries. I can't help it. Even though I know exactly what is going on, I have to call.

Hi honey, how are you?
Good.
What are you doing?
Playing Super Mario something or other I don't understand.
Is it fun?
Yes.
That's good. Make sure and also go outside.
I know.
How was school?
Good.
Did you have pictures taken?
No.
Okay. Was school fun?
Yes.
What did you learn?
I don't know. Dada! Here...
Dada tells Jude to turn off the video game and talk to Mama.

Time to end the call.

"I miss you, honey. I know it's only been two days, but it feels like a long time..."

"It doesn't feel like a long time to me."

No comments:

Post a Comment