Monday, January 26, 2015

another one at 6:35 a.m.

This morning, snoozing on my bed while I got ready to go downstairs with him. I don't look my best in the morning.

"Mama? Why do adults have chins that go out like this?"

He pantomimes the thing we adults know and fear well, pulling on his face to add another chin.

"Oh, gosh, honey. You are killing me."

"Well... why do they?"

"Oh, I don't know honey... lots of reasons..."

"Oh."

I flash back on the other night when we are watching Lord of the Rings and during one of the many mayhem scenes where everyone is running and screaming, he points to a rather endowed woman with long blonde hair, and well, that kind of chin. "That woman looks like you, Mama!"

I play dumb. These are quick scenes filled in by depressed extras, out of workers in Hollywood. I know the look. "Oh that one?" I say, pointing out the more yogic looking blonde, a bit more fit.

"Nope. She's gone now."

"Oh."

Back to this morning. I hope for the best. "Does Mama have one of those adult kinds of chins?"





"Honey? Hello?"


No comments:

Post a Comment